Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2007, 05:24 PM

Default I just \"won\" a cruise for 2 to the bahamas, what\'s the catch?

i just answered the main phone line at my office today and since i was bored decided to listen to what was obviously a recording.

it said if i completed a quick phone survey i would get 2 free tickets to a cruise to the bahamas. i decided to go through with it to see what the catch was or if it was just one of those "you may have already won" things, and it was a pleasantly quick 10 yes or no questions i answered with my keypad.

at the end someone got on the line and asked for the name to put on the tickets. since obviously there must be some catch, i asked what it was, thinking there may be something else i have to buy, or if i'm just entered into a raffle, or if i have to sit through a time share presentation, or am i now on some marketing list based on my answers, and to every question she just said that there was no catch, it was a reward for completing the survey.

so i gave my name, number and zip code and she said a booking agent would call me on monday to schedule (supposedly the tickets are good for anytime in the next 12 months).

so who has experience with this stuff and can tell me what i'm missing about this obviously too good to be real deal?