Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Another stupid ethics question

[ QUOTE ]
This incident is the first I've ever heard of people giving back blinds in HU situations. Does this really happen? Daliman seems to believe it is a common occurrence but I haven't seen anybody else verify this. In the HU I've played (admittedly not much-- only about 10K hands), I've never seen anybody ask for a blind back. I've had people play one hand then sit out or leave because they don't want to play me (or don't want to play anybody or whatever) but I've never had them ask for the money back. This includes complete unknowns, casual acquaintances from 2+2 and people I know fairly well. Prior to this thread, the idea of giving money back never occurred to me.

Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played quite a lot of HU and the only situation where i have had people asking me for their blinds back, was when they sat at 6-man or full table that me and my opponent wanted to keep HU. Typically you tell them: HU pls! Then they post anyway, play their hand, finally understand that they are not welcome and ask for their blinds back (or sometimes even their losses, lol!), which is completely BS since they simply played their hand. Obv. they are welcome to finish their round before leaving, if they have the courtesy to comply with our request.

As far as I know blind give back situations (lol) are extremely rare, if existent at all.

Marnix