Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Big hand against TMay\'s bro - Tom - $15,000 Main Event at the Bellagio

(sorry I don't know your online nick btw - don't think anyone has told me it before)

Starting stacks 30,000 - 50/100 is first level - 90 min levels(?)

No history between us. My read on him so far is that he could be a good internet player, and that he's probably played a decent amount live too from how he's playing with his chips. I didn't know who it was against at the time, but found out a little after. He also knew who I was after but didn't know during the hand. Some things I've been noticing... he doesn't go 3x PF as a standard open, so his raise here PF is standard. This is the first time he's opened in EP, esp UTG... he's limped a few times from those spots but that's it. Whenever he's opened PF before he ALWAYS cbet the flop to around 50-60% pot so that might influence this hand a bit.

So on to the hand:

10 minutes into Level 2 (100/200):

He opens UTG to 575, I'm in the CO w/9c9s and call. Right when I call and as the action is going on behind me I'm thinking of what to do on a 1 overcard flop... I should probably fold since I'm crushed against his opening range but I wasn't sure what I'd do at the time.

Flop: Kh 3h 3d (1450)

He checks, I check behind.

Turn: 9d (1450)

He bets 700, I raise to 2400, and he reraises me to 5000 total pretty quickly, and I call in normal pace.

River: 2s (11450)

He takes a few seconds then starts counting out chips... thinks of 11k then adds 1k then adds 3 more 1k's for a total bet of 15000.

I have 22500 left on river and he covers by maybe 5000-6000.

You = ?

Wasn't really going to ever post this hand but a couple of people have been bugging me plus it's a really interesting hand. What do you put him on? What's his range per street? In his eyes, what would you put me on? Any psychological factors that would affect this hand in his eyes considering it's a $15k event? I know it affects my thinking a bit, not how I'd play the hand really since I'm still thinking every hand is still a poker hand in itself but I'd assume it might change how other play people in certain spots. Some quick examples might be that it changes bluff frequency %'s in small spots, vbets, etc etc.

(if you know results, please don't kill it for everyone)