Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: NFL to have regular season in London

If a team doesn't sell out it's home games why would they send them overseas? They want to send the most premier two teams over, and thats what they will do. Most likely, two teams that were very high in the league avg of scoring. They want to give an international crowd a good show.

You do know that London and Frankfurt are two cities that are interested in NFL teams. NFL eventually will be international, teams are just worth to much money for their not to be interest overseas.

Niss,

Fink's list from ESPN is accurate to a point. The Jaguars as well have a waiting list for season tickets. But I looked for an explanation from the site and couldn't find what these numbers come from. The Jaguars cover about 8,000 seats, and another 4,500 are given to charities and are not sold. I do not know if the 12,500 tickets go against the team. The stadium's max capacity is 82,000(this was for the superbowl), which means 15% of it's seats are not sold each week. So, if they count the charities, that means the covered seats account for 9-10% of the seats.

So my guess is that, though they are correct to a point, they should not be the end all, be all. My guess is that the Jets "cover" some seats that the Giants do not.

Oh, Fink, Jags to the superbowl next year, don't short change them. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]