Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: The Poker Tournament Formula by Arnold Snyder...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lets say that proper play as a fully functional player in the green zone as outlined by Harrington is considered the correct way to play. Add to that, the blinds are going to increase rapidly and take us out of the green zone soon, why would we play incorrectly in order to avoid this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read what Harrington wrote. It's important enough to stay in the Green Zone that it's worth taking some risk to stay there. What exactly did you think he meant when he said "taking some risk"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your "answer" seems almost to another question.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would play "incorrectly", i.e. you would "take some risk", because you can only make "proper plays" if you're in the green zone. In other words, Harrington did not fully flesh out his "M strategy". Comments such as "take some risk to remain there" show that he's aware of "impending doom". In other words, having an M of 20 is not the same thing as having an M of 40 (with regard to your strategy), even though they are both in the "Green Zone", especially if the blinds are coming up quickly or there are large antes.

His strategy is incomplete.

So again I ask you - what do you think "taking some risk" means in context? Does it actually mean "playing incorrectly", or does it mean something else? Does it mean that what is actually "playing correctly" not really what you think it means when your M is, say, exactly 20? Obviously you should always "play correctly". It should be obvious by now that "playing correctly" results in different decisions when your M is 20 and when your M is 50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I see what you mean! Thanks for your clarification first of all.

I like your point...maybe you're not actually playing incorrectly. At least, "incorrectly" would be a poor choice of words.