Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2007, 12:34 PM

Default 2/4 Top pair + gutshot facing a lot of action on draw heavy board

$2/$4 Limit Hold Em at Canterybury Card Club

This was a live game at a B&M so no hand history. 9 person table. The table was fairly loose, probably averaged 5 people seeing the flop. A couple of lags but mostly calling stations.

SB is a TAG. Knows what he is doing.
BB is a LAG. Likes to throw in the occasional preflop raise with A-rag and the such. Will bet a lot of flops when checked to.
UTG was new to the table but didnt seem to be very good. Called down and wasnt able to beat bottom pair, etc.
UTG+1 was also new and was buddies with UTG and MP+2. Didnt seem very good. Pretty much the same as UTG
MP was a calling station. Continually called to the river and mucked a loser. Had previously runner-runnered me twice.
MP+1 was a lag. Would raise and reraise after flop with nothing. Prone to bluffing but would play a good hand the same way. Was hard to put him on a hand.
MP+2 was new but did not seem very good.
CO was new to the table but seemed to be an ok player.
Hero is the button.

Preflop Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Two or three callers, Hero raises, SB reraises, three callers, Hero calls.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (~18 SBs, 5 players)
SB bets, a caller, UTG+1 raises, another caller, Hero 3-bets, 3 calls.

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (~15BBs, 4 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 bets, CO raises, Hero???

At this point, is the pot big enough to just call down. Also, can I count my Ace as possibly good or at least an Ace as an out. I figure I had maybe 4 outs which makes this a close decision. With the action, my initial thought was that I was behind and my Ace outs were no good. But the pot was big enough that I really didnt know what the best play was. Thoughts?