Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Dirty angleshoot, or sweet 2nd level by me??

Somewhat proud of this move -- I think it's kosher.

Live 5/10NL game at the Taj. I'm UTG+1.

UTG (v weak-tight) limps, I haven't looked at my cards yet, but player to my left (decent young guy who I think knows that i might be the only other player at the table who knows anything) raises to $50 out of turn.

Dealer catches it, and informs him (and rest of table) that I haven't yet acted, but that regardless he is committed to raising to $50 when it comes to him. I look down at my cards, and see rags. I pause perceptibly and decide to make a play here and limp.

He duly raises to $50...it gets folded around to UTG who calls, I insta-raise to $375. He mutters something about my playing dirty and folds (as does UTG), and i add $115 to my stack. (I obv show my 93o).

This gets him more agitated (personally i thought that pulling that stunt with a legitimate monster would have been more grounds for complaint), and he mutters something about an angleshoot. I thought it was a pretty nice 2nd-level by me (e.g. he knew that I knew that he was committed to his raise, and thus read me for a monster hand trying to get more $ preflop).

Discuss.