Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Greatest Obtainable Being Test

I have never really thought of something I felt worthy of acreditation. However, I kinda like this one so If you ever use this please Call it Shrapnel's GOB Test.

The general idea is that if you can think of a more powerful, or more benevolent, or more knowledgeable being you have not disproven god, but you have shown that the god in question isn't in fact god. By analogy
Xtain Theist: 9.999999999856749EE99999999999 = infinity
Atheist: That is false. Athought the GOB test doesn't show that a being labeled as the xtian god doesn't exist, is shows that that being is not in fact God or in this case Gob.

One possible way to examine if the xtian God = GOB might be to look at if his attributed actions are akin to perfect reason or human reason. Human reason is fairly grounded in physical properties. Gob's reason is grounded in meta-pyhsical properties, or spiritual properties. Because human reason is grounded in physical properties a flawed reasonable statement would be that men are better than women. Men would have higher value soley becuase of the physical nature that men are on average larger physically then women. If the image of GOB you use is mysogonistic, even if what you call God exists, he doesn't pass the GOB test, and is therefore unworthty of the title God.

If God can't move souls out of embryos, that are created for the sole purpose of research that requires their destruction God doesn't past the Gob test, since he isn't all-powerful.

" Yahweh God called to the man, and said to him, 'Where are you?'" Genesis 3:9 Not All knowing.

" 'Look, I have two virgin daughters. Please let me bring them out to you. You may do whatever you please to them, just do not do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.'"Genesis 19:8 Not benevolent. Uses human reason not Gob reason

The list can go on and on.
PS
Gob is an Omni3, All-3 being. If gob is pleased with youy when you die you will be rewarding with milk and cookies. Gob expects you to dunk the cookies into the milk. However, If Gob is not pleased you will only get cookies. You will enjoy the cookies but wish you had milk to dunk them in. I may in the future give testemony to about Gob. For Gob not only wants us all to have milk and cookies, it's our own fault if we only get cookies.
"If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him, take away his milk and offer him a cookie. But if someone offers you asprin for your cheek give him milk AND cookies, to dunk." Word of Gob 1-12