Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Bluffing in Razz... good spot?

Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0,10, Bring-In $0,50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.20 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.60 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (2.60 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

River - (6.60 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___ ....

Opponent is not one of the completely clueless people, but in general everyone is clueless anyway. He won't chase forever. My inclination was to instant fold 6th, but then i saw his board, thought to myself that he prob has 2 live low cards under there and thus a 9 low. Does that make it a good spot to represent an 8 low? I thought about it for quite a while, as though i was trying to actually figure out where i stand and also to give HIM a chance to realize that his 9 might be behind. I don't really have a read but he seemed somewhat decent. Although his call on 3rd is already so bad.

Furthermore, is calling 4th horrible? And is there even such a thing as bluffing in Razz? I just see playing each others boards, valuebetting when you have the best of it, and sometimes raising with the currently weakest hand as long as you have the best draw. Is that all there is to Razz?

Thanks for any input, I am kinda new to the game.