Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2006, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Commerce $1500NL vs Cunningham

[ QUOTE ]
i understand all that David. Here's the thing though. If Alan has AA/KK on this flop he is going to try and get to showdown, not play a really big pot. So he is likely to check behind on the flop, or if he bets and is called check the turn. Even more so with JJ/TT. The only hand here which checking allows to put more money into the pot is AK, which Alan may (but certainly not 100%) take a stab with.

Ive played with Alan, I don't think he's one of those read into your soul guys. He plays really good, solid poker. You are gonna have a hard time convincing him to play a big pot here regardless of what he has (unless he has AA and is convinced you have exactly KK, a circumstance i dont think its possible to create). So, im gonna make him put in money now and on the river with a big pair (betting the flop, checking the turn and betting the river makes it very hard for AA/KK to fold). Am I letting him off of AK, sure, but I don't particularly think he's taking a stab with a whiffed AK anyway (not when you consider that he has to worry about UTG also).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I would like to know why AC would just like to get to showdown with AA or KK here if he has one of these hands? If he had AA/KK and just calls the reraise preflop in position, what else is he waiting for with these two hands if not to play a big pot now? The board came a face card with a small pair on board, normally this is a very good flop for AA/KK, no? Unless someone paired up and has trips on this board ( unlikely as the raises came from up front ) or exactly QQ, he is way ahead of anything that is in play and isn't the idea to get as much money in now when you think you are the favorite? Why would he check and try to get to showdown cheaply? I just don't understand this.