Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Next Limit: My Story so far and ask for advice

Hi,

Fed up with Limit Cashgames I started playing SnGs late November last year at Full Tilt. After some experiments with the smallest (1+0.25$), I played the 5+0.5$ with good profit (ROI +25,2%, ITM 43,8%, 1st 17,3%, 2nd 13,5%, 3rd 13,0%) over 185 tourneys.
Now, my BR seems to think I can go on to 10+1$ (just made it to 1000$), but I'm a bit nervous.
For one thing, I also played some 6$ at PP - only 35, but the result (-35% ROI) was desastrous. I know the samplesize is extremely small, but I'm still a little upset because the difference is so big. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Second, although my ROI at FT is good, I dont think I play that well - its just that the others a simply mad. After a hand is played out, I often think: "Oh well, here a good player would have saved a lot of chips", or "Here I could have made much more playing differently." - Only that at this level it really doesnt matter a lot, the next good spot comes soon enough. But this will probably change in the higher limits. (When I played limit Cashgames, I beat the microlimits easy enough, but already at 1/2$, I started having trouble.)
So, any good advice? How big is the difference in skill between 5,5$ and 11$? Should I stay longer at 5,5? And how long?
Thanks for your opinions. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]