Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG)

- Experience at all forms of poker:
NL Cash Games: Not a lot of experience. Crushed $50 NL 6-Max on Partypoker for around $1300 over 8-10K hands right before they closed to US players.
MTTs: Tons of experience at $0-20 MTTs. I feel this is the strongest part of my game right now. I crushed PokerStars 10/180's for a while (sharkscope ASPoker8), had a 2nd in a large $10 FO on Full Tilt, and a 2nd in a $30 FO on UB.
SNGs: Switched to exclusively SNG's for 2007 and have played around 150 $11+1 Turbo's on FTP this month running at around 20-30% ROI.

- Most tables you can see yourself playing: 8-10
- Current bankroll: $4000
- What you expect to get out of this arrangement:
First and foremost, I want to be able to learn as much as humanly possible. I understand that cash games are the most profitable of poker endeavors. I am too much of a nit to hire a coach, but I have always wanted someone to introduce me to cash games. I feel like I am a slight winner at $100 NL at the moment, but I would love to be able to learn optimal strategy and some of the more advanced concepts in terms of theory. My current game is solid in terms of basic poker strategy, but I feel like this would be the perfect opportunity to take a shot I would not be able to take without a situation like this.

- References: AJunglen7, Skier_5, AACardPlayer

Disclaimer: I am relatively unknown in STTF as I have only recently switched to SNG's. I am always available and always on AIM. I have PokerTracker and PAHUD and would be willing to play on any site you prefer (that accepts US players). I know you would probably prefer a student you know, but I feel there is no harm in at least throwing my name in the air as this opportunity is so unique.