Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Annoying New Mother.

A friend recently became a mother for the first time. Understandably she is excited and believes her baby to be the most beautiful baby in the world, etc etc. We of course all have to agree with her. She is however taking it all a bit far. The baby is four months old now and she is still sending her circle of friends photo’s. Around 30 photo’s at a time. On a weekly basis. This is annoying. This is also very boring. I no longer open her emails. I just delete it with its enclosed 2 meg attachment.

But New Years Eve was the killer. Before she dropped the kid this woman was the big ‘organizer’. She loves to organize. Organize parties, or going to the restaurant or whatever. So she of course wanted to organize new years. Except that she has a four month old baby. Well, that wasn’t going to stop our hero. She organized a dinner at another friends house. When I arrived, coked off my head with some friends we were greeted at the door, (this wasn’t even her house mind you) with a big,

“SSSHHHHUUUSSHHHHH!!!!” cause the baby was sleeping.

Are you [censored] kidding me? The baby is sleeping?? On new years eve?? Stay home then for gods sake. I didn’t shush. I made some noise. I admit that I might have even done some crashing and banging as I stomped inside. It was satisfying.

But the cruncher came later on in the evening when she decided to go to bed a little after midnight, (she was sleeping at the mutual friends house so as to not wake the baby.) She wished me good night with the line;

“I have to go to bed. I have to work at 6.30am tomorrow.”

I looked at her and replied, “You have to what?”

“Work, I have to work early.”

“What do you mean, ‘work’?”

“My baby, I have to get up and feed him early.”

“So you think your baby is a job? You’re comparing your first bon son with working in an umbrella factory? Are you kidding? I have to get up early too, I have to feed my cat. Is that work?”

Maybe the cat reference wasn’t such a good idea, but I really can’t stand new mothers.