Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Does Anyone Have the Same Problem?

Since I play mostly NLHE I felt that I should post here. If this should be on another forum then I apolgize.

Here is the situation. Last night I am playing in my regular game. It is mostly people that I know and that I play with regularly. It is a .25/.50 cash game. This is a really good game for me even though it is lower that I like to play. I normally cash a medium to high profit for these stakes with this group (anywhere from $40 to $150). But like with every game sometimes I lose...this is expected. But here is what I am wondering. I was playing last night and was on a terrible run. I had bought in for $80 and was down to about $20 when I caught myself playing scared. Well not so much playing scared as not playing. I caught myself actually considering folding AKs in an unraised pot just because I was running bad. I was not hitting my draws, my big hands were getting run down, I couldn't manipulte the pot like I normally can...all in all things were just not going well. I ended up making a little back and ended up only stuck $20 for the night. This is nothing compared to what I have made over the last 7 weeks. But I am wondering if I get to feeling like I don't even want to play a hand should I just leave. Before you say "duh, this is a no brainer" let me say that part of thinks that maybe I should stay. If I bust the whole $80 I really don't care. It is not a big hit and it gives the bad players hope. It shows them that I don't always win and it keeps them coming back.

Has anyone else been in this situation and what are your thoughts.? Stay or go...that seems to be the question?