Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: My Video Session - NL10 30 minutes #2

[ QUOTE ]

T1 JJ You don't have a read on him, but its probably not a reason to fold. You have a strong overpair. He's most likely on TT-66. That was a bit weak.

I didn't elaborate on the video, but my thinking was if I call, I am going to be OOP to someone who says they have a big hand. Do I check the turn? Bet the turn? I will most likely be getting most or all of my stack in with this hand if I continue.

T2 QQ Did you bet 5BB with QQ and 4BB with JJ? What was the reason?

No reason. I read a 2+2 post somewhere about mixing up the raising once in a while. I didn't have a reason here, and it definitely was not based on hand strength!

Because the board is dangerous, you need to pot bet it. If a station wants to call it, make it pay to see cards. The more dangerous the board is the more you should bet. Pot flop. Certainly pot the turn. Bets are too weak. The river push was very dangerous, your against a much better hand here very often. A block bet would be nice if you had a deeper stack.

Good points. Looking back, I probably should have bet slightly more on the flop. I think the turn bet was adequate size. A blocking bet would be good if I had more than a PSB left. Give my stack size, I think my only bet was to push the rest as it was about 2/3 the pot.

T2 53o No need to go on tilt just because you stacked someone.

Based on some session reviews by others, I am going to start implementing calling more on the button to take advantage of my position and my better post flop play.

T3 JTs Good raise.

T2 KQ Good fold

Thanks. Tempting hand though.

T2 A9 I am not sure that limping here is such a good idea.
For me its either a raise or a fold.

With one limper, yes. Two+ limpers....depends on how I feel about the hand and the table. More likely to raise that if it were suited.

Nice vid.

[/ QUOTE ]