Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: About the PokerRoom X-mas tourney

[ QUOTE ]
Continuing and still ongoing involvement with Futurebet?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've heard about the FutureBet issue, and let me assure you that I'm not particulary happy about that situation either. However, we at PokerRoom.com do not decide who joins the Ongame Network. And none of the FutureBet skins are even part of the network any more.

[ QUOTE ]
Highest rake in the industry

[/ QUOTE ]
About the rake; Yes, it's above average on some limits but also a lot below average on other limits. The total rake we take out, all limits put together, is somewhere in the middle among sites, certainly not among the top. We actually ran a simulation of our total rake across all limits and compared us to our competitors to find out this. (Do note that some competitors have a max rake of $4 or even more, and some sites even rake in Euros.) But for the players who play at limits where our rake is above average, I'm happy to tell you that our rake system will be adjusted. Apparently it will smooth out those differences.

[ QUOTE ]
You got players to sign up for a tournament thinking it was for $19,000 guaranteed

[/ QUOTE ]
And how do you know why they signed up? In all of our promotional material we have clearly stated that the top prize was a flat screen TV. We sent out newsletter about this, we had a pop-up about it in the game client, and we had a big creative about it on our front page. And in the end we let them keep the accidentally added money anyway, which is fine by me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we have handled the whole situation well, in fact I'm saying the opposite. But do give us an even shake here, you are assuming the worst case scenario and stating it like it was a fact.

Sincerely,
Oskar Hornell
Founder of PokerRoom.com