Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Starting hand requirements question

I noticed that the starting hand rankings have been adjusted in Hold'Em Poker For Advanced Players due to today's game.

I searched the internet for additional info and found this website http://www.cs.cmu.edu/People/mummert/poker/
Based on their computer simulations, here are a few examples of the differences:

Group 2: they rank AK slightly higher than KQs

Group 3: they don't believe JTs belongs in this group but KTs does

There are significant differences in Groups 4-8. An example is the notion that A9s should be in Group 4 as opposed to S&M's Group 5.

What is the consensus in this forum? I'll use David's Hand Rankings in HEPFAP as opposed to those in Hold'em Poker. Also, are these rankings for both limit and no limit? Thanks in advance for any contributions to this thread.

P.S. Congrats to David's recent victory on the WPT. It was nice to see him win because my entire poker reading has been his books. I'll get to Harrington's, Caro's, and Brunson's books (just to name a few), but it seems to me that David is the premier poker author.