Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2006, 04:46 PM

Default .25/.50 A9 flops middle pair multiway

Table is loose and passive. I was unsure how to play this on every street. Preflop I considered raising to isolate but I thought there were too many people in for that. A9 in late position seems good enough to play. I decided to limp in, hoping to flop an Ace with a medium kicker.

I flopped middle pair and would probably have folded to a flop bet unless there were numerous callers and I had pot odds to continue. I considered betting when it was checked to me but I felt I might be behind to a weak K who wouldn't fold, or if I was in the lead it wouldn't hold up for two more cards. So I checked, hoping for a free card to see if I could improve on the turn.

On the turn it was a fairly safe card lower than the nine. Again checked to me so I figured anyone with a king would have bet by now. So I tossed a bet to see what would happen.

On the river its checked to me heads up, but now there's four to a straight. I considered betting here but I figured the only hands that would call are hands that beat me. Also I'd prefer to take a free showdown than to have to fold to a check raise. So I checked behind. Villain had only been at the table for a couple of hands so no reads on him.

Comments on all streets welcomed.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

River: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB