Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2006, 02:57 AM

Default Re: If poker sites are rigged, let\'s prove it.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't even care about reading his article to be honest.

Some guy who says he studied 1.3 million hands and has provne that it's all rigged-up doesn't impress me at all.

I say, "Yawn."

[/ QUOTE ]

While it is your prerogative to yawn, I am amazed that you would just blatantly dismiss something as relevant as a 5-10% discrepancy without checking it out. And unless you have details about his methodology, you have no proof that it was flawed. Do you have such evidence?

As an aside, I might point out that after reading all of these "who cares, rigging is not an issue, we haven't actually bothered to investigate but we know it's true" posts from so many people, I might be a little more inclined to believe that there is some rigging going on - the apathy about this issue might encourage a site to try something.

In any case, I have not decided myself that any sites are rigged, but checking it out shouldn't be too hard. All you have to do is scan for the most simple matchups - head to head, pre-flop, all in. Those should be easy enough to find and verify in a database of a few million hands, and the percentages are well known. Depending on the number of times this has happened (I would suspect at least a few thousand in a large enough sample size), the numbers should be big enough to detect rigging on that level, if it exists. Of course I don't have that database so I can't do it - that's why I was hoping someone here would want to!