Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Bad Session or Bad Poker?

Hello. I am trying to get some feedback on my dreadfull.,dreadfull, dreadfull session of poker.
I generally play about 20% starting hands and 10% of those I raise. I am going to name the hands I lost with.

A,Ks (twice) Both with top pair ragged boards.

A,Ko With inside draw but ended up making top pair on turn. Lost to a inside river str8.

AA (3 Times)

KK (Twice)

QQ (Once)

JJ (Once)

4 Sets 3 of them with ragged boards.

I missed everyone one of all 7 Flush draws

I missed both of my open ended str8/flush draws.

And 2 open ended str8 draws.

I was speechless as I sat there playing hand after hand knowing full well I should quit in between 30/40 BB.
I could not rip myself from the game. I kept telling myself to keep playing solid poker and it will swing back. It never did! I lost 67 BB for the session and finally hit the leave button.

The last time I had a session that bad was the 3rd week I started playing online which was about 3 years ago.

I guess what i'm looking for is a little feedback on wether this is even possible, is it? When I had a bad session my 3rd week into poker 3 years ago it was because I sucked and played everything suited and/or connected.

Do nights like this really exist?
Is it a bogus site?
Could people see my cards?
I found myself asking all these questions.

Any thoughts/suggestions/questions you may have is welcomed.

I am sorry if it sounds like i'm crying and being a sore loser. I was just very amazed by the situation before me. I never encounterd such a continuous onlaught of horrible beats. It really made me doubt my game. I never did that before.

Thank you everyone.

PS: The session was played at Paradise Poker (Where PokerOffice is not available!