Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2006, 01:57 AM

Default Trip report AC Dec 21-27th (Long, but poker heavy)

Got back from AC last night, this is my story:

Day 1:

Leave around 1 PM from Boston. I take 90W to 84 to 91 to 287 to GSP. This is I'm pretty sure the best way. I got there around 7 and meet my friend at the Borg, who is busy making money at routlette (standard). He never loses money, it's sick.

I haven't been to the new cafeteria below the poker room (last time I was there was in March before the expansion). The cafeteria is boss. I get fatburger, the only time I'd ever heard of fatburger was from the Biggie song "going back to cali." I'm amused by them saying "one fatburger" and in general they are gheto fabulous, awesome.

I go upstairs and sit at 6/12. 9 PM to 3AM. Pretty card dead most of the time, down $265. I think I got a "sup bro" from someone, you had black wire rimmed glasses and short black hair and a hat I think. I was wearing a grey Wake Forest baseball T shirt and black running pants. I said sup back. Although that was during a brief stint at 3/6 I think, while I was waiting for 6/12. Had a great conversation with someone at 3/6, to the point where I didn't bother claiming my 6/12 seat cuz it was too much fun. Whatever. We talked about colleges and stuff, I told one of the dealers not to send his kid to Northeastern University.

Around 3 we go back to my friend's comped room at Cesars. They wouldn't let us get a late checkout (beat). We walked around a little bit in search of food and found some place that was open. We used my friend's Dad's card and they didn't ask for ID (brag), which was cool. The Ceasar salad comes in a square, and tasted good, which was cool. I've never been anywhere but Borg, and in 20 minutes, I saw more wierd [censored] than I've ever seen in 3 trips to Borg. Some random methhead was dandcing to myself in a mink coat, wierd. Our room is pretty nice, the room is a little bigger than normal, and has really comfortable beds, and really really nice bedsheets. I think more comfortable than Borg's. The room feels a little old tho, and its a little wierd cuz they don't use keycards, but whatever it's nice and its free.

Day 2

We start the day around 12 after some lunch and head over to Borg for some +EV roulette. I lose like $50, and my friend loses around that much too. Variance sucks. I decided it was a good idea to do this in part so that maybe they could give me a poker rate or some better rate on a room when I ask.

I walk up to the "tournament registration" window (which isn't actually for tournaments) and ask who I can ask about getting a poker rate or something. They say you gotta talk to the front desk, my friend cuts in and says they sent us here (they didn't). Kathleen says ok cool, let me see your card. I deftly (and already had it ready) hand her our cards, with $20 under it and say "anything you could do for me would be great". She hands me my $20 back and says thanks anyway, but I'll see what I can do anyway. I'm sure she was laughing hysterically on the inside, especially when she looked at the unballer play on my card, and that I was the subject of jokes later. She says no can do, as expected, whatever. It thought maybe there was a chance b/c it wasnt busy in the borg in general, in fact it seemed dead. In general in this trip, there was never more than one 6/12 table going, if that's any indicator.

My friend has to go home to go skiing around 3, so I leave and go cruising in my car looking for hotels. AC is possibly one of the worst layed out cities, and my gas light turns on. I get nervous looking for a gas station, as there are like 3 in town or something. Eventually I just get tired and call my friend to look up hotels on expedia. He says 130 a night for Shereton, including taxes etc, I say ok. I get there, and they say they cant adjust the rate and you have to buy it from expedia. Whatever, I go on their computer and buy it. The room is nice, all is good and I head to the Borg and sit 6/12 at 5.

No real interesting hands except this:

I have 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB

I complete after a bunch of limpers.

flop 567, 2 hearts

I check, 2 checks, bet, 4 calls, I raise, everyone calls. Turn is a 5 and everyone but one guy folds for one bet. River is a meaningless K. I bet, he calls. He has trip 5s, ship it. Standard.

I have KQs [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB

PF
limp, raise, 3 calls, I call (this probably should have been a raise, whatever, I think I got distracted), someone 3 bets, everyone calls.

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9x

bet, raise, 3 bet, fold I cap, everyone calls

Turn: Qx

I bet, 2 calls

River is meaningless. Ship it. Some donk girl angrily asks me how I could cap that flop. She had AA. I just smile. It's really hard to not explain what it means when you have a draw for the second nut flush and a gutshot and everyone in the world is calling the cap. Not to mention that I could hit trips, my TP might be good against you donks, and clearly my two pair was even good.

Another hand against an asian LAG woman who kept asking me why I'd raise. She was fun though. For some reason I was the LAG. The moral of the story is on the turn I had an OESFD with KJ, which came in for the nuts with broadway on teh river. She went for $48, until I just called, figuring we had the same hand, and because I was tired, and I guess I'm too nice. She actually has Q9 for the worse str8, gets up quietly and leaves. I really should have kept going, as she might have gone all the way for like $200, who knows, but whatever. That was also a first. I got progressivly more upset about my mistake as time went on, but whatever.

I get a cab back to my room at 4:30 AM, +350.

Day 3:

I decide to go hit up 10/20 at 4PM, I've never played this high. Interesting notable hand happens:

Douchebag in a WPT Boot camp hat and blue polo shirt, maybe 40-45 years old is the main villian. I have AJo and 3 bet, he caps, there's 2 other people in the hand, I'm second to act on the flop.

Flop comes J high xx, 2 diamonds. Well, I should have been second to act, but INSTANTLY after the flop is dealt, douchebag bets, and next guy raises. I say hold on hold on you skipped me and UTG lots of yelling at the dealer from WPT hat guy, everyone at my end of the table agrees with me. Dealer says you gotta speak up, I say I did, everyone agrees with me and I say whatever. Douchebag starts arguing with the dealer that he asked if anyone bet and she told him no. She starts saying this is like the 3rd time this has happened and he needs to take out his earphones, he starts telling her to shut up, she calls the floor, floor talks to him away from the table. Anyway UTG folds to the 2 bets, I also fold. Douchebag ends up winning with AA.

This was probably the most blatent angle shoot I've ever seen, although maybe I've never never noticed angle shoots before, whatever. He saved me some money, but its still pretty stupid.

More to come in next post.