Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Stud8 15/30 live with maniacs...

This is a full table, 15/30, the play is wild... Hero is to the right of bring in.

Player 1: XX XX 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - Bring In
Player 2: Folds
Player 3: XX XX K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calls
Player 4: Folds
Player 5: XX XX 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] calls
Player 6: Folds
Player 7: XX XX 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] completes
Hero: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls.
Player 1 folds, all others call.

4th Street:
Player 3: XX XX K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - Bets
Player 5: XX XX 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - Folds
Plater 7: XX XX 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - Raises
Hero: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - ???

Now, in any normal game, I would seriously consider folding this brick -- but I know that Player 3 would lead out with anything (and is the worst player at the table -- occassionally plays totally blind claiming that he can't do any worse than he does when he looks) and Player 7 either has (1) a worse low draw than me or (2) a big pocket pair. He loves to bet and raise to force out the competition regardless of whether he has any equity of his own. If I am fairly confident that either (a) I have the only low draw or (b) I have the best low draw (both despite the brick, would anybody call or raise?

Note, this is a two way game (O8/Stud8) and I think that most of the players (including myself) are far more familiar with O8 than Stud8.