Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2006, 04:44 AM

Default The Golden Rule

So, for me the religion is the Golden Rule.

"The Golden Rule" is a fundamental moral principle found in virtually all major religions and cultures, which simply means "treat others as you would like to be treated." It is arguably the most essential basis for the modern concept of human rights. Principal philosophers and religious figures have stated it in different ways. This is from Wikipedia.

There is nothing else for me in terms of religion and their rules. I think it is impossible to fully live by the Golden Rule, only Jesus lived by it and promoted it. But I think people should try.

Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc. are NOT religions, as I understand. They are just branches of theology, in other words study of religion. Guys (in Christianity), who happened to listen sometimes to Jesus, the messenger of God, are talking about their perceptions and opinions. These books (I know only about Christianity, but I suppose others are the same) are full of their influence, which is ridiculous.

I think no religion is right. All of them promote Golden Rule - that is the only right thing in all of them. Everything else is just not important, imho.

Yeah, it is very simple, but why should it be difficult? So why not forget all religions which are source of terorrism, wars, etc. together with their priests who [censored] children, who send people for death for their animalistic teritorriality and dominance agenda. Why not just leave only one rule. The Golden Rule.

Is it something wrong with my belief system? I am not that smart, I only play small stakes no limit poker.

Please explain to me if I am wrong and why I am wrong. Really.