Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Can Not Ready Argue Against This?

Not Ready has stated several times that those Christians who believe that non Christians are sometimes saved, are not jeapardizing their own chances with such beliefs.

I think that some Fundamentalists do not agree with Not Ready and thus believe that the above Christians can not be saved. (And the mathmetician in me wonders if there are even Christians who believe that Not Ready cant't be saved because of his generous attitude toward generous Chritians. But I'm getting off the subject.) But it is my impression that most Protestants agree with NR. Call them NRPs.

Anyway my point is that NRPs should be scouring the bible to make triply sure that Catholics and other generous Christians are wrong. If they don't, they have to look in the mirror and ask themselves why. For surely any nice person would, if it was up to them, PREFER that the Catholics are right and that some good, if misguided, non Christians, get into heaven. Don't forget that as NRPs they don't believe there is any danger in this belief. So they should prefer it as long as the bible allows it.

If they admit to themselves that they do not prefer it, they should do some soul searching about what really drives them.