Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2006, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Feedback wanted on my poker blog

Thank you. I guess that I have a strange sense of humour, but I thought that it was worth a try. Is there nobody that found it remotely funny? Not even one sentence, like the one about roulette skills or the one about female avatars?

It seems like the majority of the responders didn't like the result, but what do you think about the idea (poker advice from a donkey)? Does it sound promising or dull?

Do you think the blog would have been funnier if I had changed the following:

1)I deliberately made the donkey appear extremely stupid. There are probably a couple of grammatical errors and such. I didn't correct these, because I wanted the donkey to appear less educated. That's also the reason why his calculations in the part about game theory are less than accurate. Was this a bad idea?

2)I should probably have considered the playing style of the donkey before I started writing. I suppose that there are very few donkeys that would rather play 72 offsuit than pocket aces. I probably did this because I thought that I might as well let the donkey play completely absurd, rather than make him play slightly incorrect. I imagine that this might be the biggest mistake I did when I created the blog. The donkey would probably appear more believeable and possibly funnier if he made more subtle mistakes, like mini-raising pre-flop with pocket aces and then pot commiting himself in a situation where that wouldn't be the appropriate play. It can also be discussed if I should let the donkey play aggressively or passively. I chose to make him a little aggressive, because I figured that it wouldn't be very interesting to read about the strategy of a calling station. What kind of donkey would you rather read about?