Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2006, 04:01 AM

Default Buisness Idea: What can I do with this??

A large part of my current job is spent hunting down deadbeats..(from Wiki)

Skiptracing: The process of locating a person's whereabouts for any number of purposes.
This includes but is not limited to: debt collections, bail bond enforcement (bounty hunting), witness location, questioning, or almost any facet of an investigation that entails making difficult contact with a subject.

I think this could be a profitable buisness for me if I could market it correctly. IE: bill collectors, finding deadbeat dads, lost friends/reletives ..you get the idea.

Basically I'm certified (yes you have to be) to use a bunch of directories and public information sites/offices to find phone numbers, relatives, neighbors, DMV records, Criminal records, public legal anouncements, and addresses of pretty much anyone. (Sounds more interesting than it is)

Ive been brainstorming this for a few days and am thinking of various ways to promote and charge for this service.

There really isnt a whole lot of overhead...basically a few hundred a month for the directory access, Vonage phone, probably some sort of online customer service, and finally advertising...thats pretty much it.

Do you guys have ay ideas? Think someone could make a good living off of doing this? Please discuss...