Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2006, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Fun Hand Analysis Contest--Win Free $250

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. it wins, against someone who isn't gonna start leveling with you, because they see the misclick and push with 98s and kjo and lots of hands that are >>> a random hand and slightly greater than the bottom half of your pfr range

[/ QUOTE ]
are you serious? there is no way this is a winning play. im guessing the OP saw the aba vs ivey hand and thinks hes clever for copying it. if you pull this move most of the time you will win the blinds, and if you get put AI 95% of the time you will be an underdog or at best flipping. no one is going to push with 98s. He pushed UTG, people in UTG+1, hijack, etc are going to be tight in fear of people behind them having a better hand. people last to act still aren't going to push with 98s, AQs is about the worst you'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do believe it is a slimly winning play. i don't believe anymore that he did it on purpose, because he would have chosen AA.

people absolutely will push with worse than AQs. but of course you are right, if they are waiting for QQ+/AK then no, this is not going to be a profitable play. But as various posts including several on the archiveserver show, people don't wait for AQs to call this.

This is long after my original attempt, but yes, I believe it is a misclick, and yes, it is slimly profitable both before and after the misclick.