Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2006, 11:22 AM

Default Chopping the blinds - but what if it\'s with an ATM?

Hi guys

I was reading the B & M newbies sticky and came across this

"Chopping the blinds - If it gets folded around to the blinds many players like to 'chop' which is just pulling back your own blind and NOT playing the hand out.

I've seen some internet-players look at their hole-cards and decide that they don't want to chop for that specific hand because they are holding AA. This is a horrible breach of the etiquette and you will not be looked upon favorably"

Now... my question is, what if you're in the SB with AA and it's folded around, and BB is an ATM who has been paying everyone off? Surely it won't be seen as bad etiquette if I don't offer him a chop, or, if he asks for a chop, I say 'Why don't we play this one out' and make a little raise? After all, other players will recognize that this guy is likely to pay me off, and must know what's going on.

I guess that getting paid off by him is an impotant part of my performance expectation - but must I forego an opportunity for some easy money because of the etiquette involved?

Any comments are appreciated.