Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2006, 10:54 PM

Default NLD & NFD vs Top Set: Push?

There are four questions involved with my post.

Villain multitables and is fairly tight. I think it would be safe to assume that he knows what he is doing. His preflop pot raise in early position leads me to believe that he has pockets aces. I am in the BB and decide to call to see the flop heads up.

I figure with my nut flush draw with nut low draw with nearly perfect counterfeit protection is good enough to go to war. I decide upon the check raise to get more money in the pot. After his pot bet of the flop, I am pretty sure he has pocket aces. At this point, I am ahead by a hair, 51.2% to 48.8%.

1. What would you do in this spot and why?

Afterwards, I considered this play:
A. Check calling the flop to see if the turn paired the board, if so, fold.
B. If a low card, low or high club comes, jam
C. If a non-club high card comes, check/call or check/fold

2. Would you consider or have you ever executed this alternative play?
3. Does this alternative play have the stench of weak tight/calling station written all over it?

Maybe my following analysis is too results oriented, but I could have saved myself $46.10 with the alternative play.

4. Do you avoid marginal situations such as these and wait for a better spot or do you love big pots and stacking people and why?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($58)
Button ($63.60)
SB ($3.70)
Hero ($53.50)
UTG ($48)
UTG+1 ($42.75)
MP1 ($23.50)
MP2 (Villain) ($51.45)
MP3 ($24.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 (Villain) raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $3.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $46.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $51.75</font>, Villain calls $2.90 (All-In).

Turn: ($105.20) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($105.20) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $105.20

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 3s 2c Ac 5c (High: two pair, aces and tens).
Villain has 2h Ah 6c Ad (High: full house, aces full of tens).
Outcome: Villain wins $103.15. Hero wins $2.05. </font>