Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Best line to take here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't anyone think that the turn bet is way too small given the pot size and remaining stacks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I'd push and it matters because it's a huge tell to bet 1/2 your remaining stack w/out pushing

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thanks, when I think about it it does matter, changed my mind on that one.

Preflop btw: I think this is bad, unless the table has been passive, in which case I think it's ok.

BakingAce: I understand all your thoughts, and they are certianly not unreasonable, but allow me to elaborate on my opinions:
Is the argument for not "c-betting" the flop that your opponents won't be paying attention to you anyway? Some of them are probably watching TV or browsing websites while playing or something, but really, you still have to think about how the table sees you.

The biggest reason for betting, though, is that you were the preflop raiser, and villain could get suspicious if you just check in front on the flop HU. A bet looks a lot more like a standard cbet, and much more likely to get floated or pushed over. And also, villain might not be able to lay down 77-TT, so let's just bet and let him think we are cbetting with overcards.

This together with disguising your cbets later makes this flop an easy lead IMO.