Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2006, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Ask me about going into people\'s homes to sell them knives.

[ QUOTE ]
If the first summer you made 5000, averaging 220 a sale, then you must have made a sale like every 1/4 day? That must have been incredibly discouraging. Second question, is this company affiliated with vector? Two of my brothers and a few other friends got recruited by them but quit before training ended. It sounded very sketchy and hard to make money.

I've sold the paper door to door and it sucks. It sucks balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was very lazy for the first two months of that first summer and got discouraged and didn't work much at all. There would be 3 or 4 days in a row where I didn't attempt to do anything to generate business.

Cutco and Vector are the same thing. If your brothers and friends quit it is hard to say if their managers did not do a good and honest job of presenting the job and company or if your crew was just too scared to take a shot.

The job is not sketchy. If you work hard (conduct at least two sales appointments per day and get each of those prospective buyers to give you referrals and then schedule appts. with those referrals) you get financially rewarded very well.

It starts by showing the product to adults you already know--your parents' friends, your friends' parents, neighbors, extended family members, your parents, etc. Then you collect referrals from each of those people (the names and numbers of their friends, coworkers, neighbors, etc.) and your business grows exponentially from there.