Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2006, 11:33 PM

Default Re: A sub-point

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do I really need to justify why it is acceptable? I don't think I do, becuase it is acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Laws and approaches to law wouldnot have been acceptable in 1776, or in 1850 or in 1950 in the US, and have been acceptable for only a small percentage of recorded history in a small percentage of populations. So no, i don't think tht since it is currently accepted by a portion of the population of a portion of the world that it should be accepted without thought or reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed...but that doesn't mean that I have to justify how things are.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All I need to do is be conviced that the moral arguments against it being acceptable are weak, which I think they are quite weak.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you are only against rape, murder, slavery and burning Jews in an oven when the majority of the country that they occur in reject them, but will accept them when the majority accept them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you no shame?

You think that because I think your one moral principle is neither universal nor absolute I think that the Holocaust was A.O.K. Where does one go to learn how to be that shameless? To purposely misunderstand someone and then, effectively call that person a Holocaust apologist? You really need to stop making analogies because you're just not good at it. You let your boundless desire to make your ridiculous distilation of morality outweigh common decency. Or were you being serious? Did you really mean that? If you did, all you've managed to show me that you think that if a certain absolute moral principle doesn't exist then the Holaocust, murder and rape are all excuseable...

Which tells me that I really shouldn't waste my time trying to dispell you of your problematic beliefs because you would no longer find these crimes wrong.... alright....I'll stop...for all of our sakes.