Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2006, 02:09 PM

Default Are there three idiots in this hand?

My $10/$20 six max database on this site is < 9,000 hands, so I don't really know these guys. Cautious reads given where possible.

$10/$20 six max

Folded to the cutoff (reasonably aggressive, capable of testing you post-flop) who raises, button folds, small blind (slightly tricky but often tricky at the wrong time and/or in a stupid way) calls, big blind (reasonable, maybe bit to the aggressive side) calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Small blind bets, big blind calls, cutoff raises, small blind calls, the big blind now reraises and both call.

Turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The small blind leads again, the big blind calls and the cutoff calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The small blind bets, the big blind raises, the cutoff calls two cold and the small blind calls.

Hands:
<font color=" #FFFFFF">
SB: Tc9s
BB: Ah6h
CO: AdKs
</font>

Did ANYONE play this hand well? Was the big blind out of line? Did the cutoff do the right thing going limp so early and staying limp through the end (in hindsight, I think the cutoff has a clear river raise)?

This hand stood out as pretty odd to me and I'd really like to hear comments on how all three players played the hand, but specifically about the cutoff and the big blind since I think it's pretty clear that the small blind's play sucked.

SpaceAce