Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2006, 10:34 AM

Default Re: My turn in the ABUSE well - 20/180 hand.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, you don't have a guarantee you'll get a better hand soon. The odds just say you should.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate. In a couple of hands I will in BB, in a couple more blinds will go up. What are the odds I will pick up a decent hand AND will get action on it cefore I'm down to 3 BB's and have to open-push any 2 with no FE?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is why you should open push with something like J9o from late position. In that case, it is a cEV+ play, because you may pick up the blinds and if you get called by AX, Kx, or 22-88, it may be slightly cEV+ with pot odds.

Also, you get AQ+, 99+ 28/661 = 4.2% of the time. Therefore, in two rotations, you are the heavy favorite to get one of those hands. In most cases, you can play hands like that as a short stack regardless of the action.

So wait for a good hand or a good stealing oportunity.

If you had 1xBB in a tournament with 3xBB blinds and antes, then calling a raise with any two is a good play. If you get HU, you are getting 4-1 pot odds. Plus you have to do something because you are going to be anted out. With 7.5xBB, this is a completely different situation.