Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2006, 09:16 AM

Default Goofyballer\'s unballer day (new ---$$$ record!)

Last 48 hours of my life...unedited. This is TRUE LIFE: GOOFYBALLER!

At 4am on Thursday I'm working on a project for my AI class; we have a presentation to give at 9am the next day, huge beat. I'm tired as hell because my sleep schedule is messed up and I woke up at like 2pm the previous day. I managed to get away with taking a nap from 9pm-11pm; I was hoping I would sleep long enough that I could just stay up through class and then take a nap afterwards, but it became evident that wasn't happening. About 6:30am I finish my part of the presentation, e-mail my slides to our group leader, take a nap until 8:30am.

Wake up, head to class, group leader says that my e-mail didn't contain the slides, b/c my school's e-mail web client sucks and makes you click like 5 buttons to attach something. Great. I frantically re-create a crappier version on his laptop before class since driving back home isn't an option, do the presentation, stick around until class gets out at 2pm, drive home.

Oh, forgot to mention: it was my birthday, I'm 22 years old now. My parents and sister called during a break, I talked to them, that was cool. I get home and there's a cake waiting on my doorstep from my parents!

Obviously it's been eaten a little before that picture was taken. Anyway, I suddenly get a smart idea and decide to call the girl I mentioned in this thread and ask if she wants to share the cake with me over a movie tonight. She instantly says "yes"; awesome! Later she calls back and says she forgot about something she had to do but instead of cancelling on me just said we'd have to do it later, despite getting no sleep and being tired as hell; obviously she wants my nuts.

So, I take a nap, wake up about 7pm, clean up the place a bit, she calls and says she wants to do it at her place so if she falls asleep she's already near her bed. That's fine, I head over ("later" turns out to be around 10pm), she asks if I want to go to Blockbuster and rent Superman Returns, cool w/ me, I drive (BRAG: I opened her car door for her both going there and coming back, BEAT: She didn't unlock my door either time, and I don't have automatic locks) we get the movie head back. We set up shop in her living room, a little through the movie she sits back down from getting some knitting and is sitting close enough that our shoulders are touching, I decide that's the cue and go to put my arm around her shoulder...aaaand it's awkward. Like 30 seconds later she gets up when she hears a roommate walk in the front door or something, but it totally felt forced and like she got up cause she was uncomfortable. I don't try again for the rest of the night. Movie ends, I go home, she walks me to the front door and gives me a hug but there's no "go for a kiss" vibe whatsoever. HUGE BEAT.

I go home, beat off, go to sleep about 4 or 5am.

Wake up around 5pm Friday (skipped class), call a girl friend to see what the plan is for tonight; a couple days ago she said that she and her roommates wanted to take me out Friday for my birthday. This should be cool, hang out with cute girls, they buy me drinks, maybe I'll find some cute girl that likes goofy ballers! She calls back a couple hours later, says that it's raining so she and her friends prob aren't gonna go out, great. I go to Subway, eat dinner, she doesn't call back by like 10pm or so, I decide to start playing.

I proceed, over the next 6 hours, to have the losingest session of my life.

Posting hands would just add to the pain, but it was the kind of night where every single bluff was up against a monster (I 5 bet shoved into AK w/ AJ against a super LAG opening OTB, I c/r shoved riv w/ air against a moron who I was convinced had nothing and he had trips), at least 3 gutshots got hit against me (usually when I had a set and didn't pair board on riv). Some [censored] donk LRRed me preflop when I had AK and then had KK on a AKx flop. I did not tilt once, and I even think for a long stretch of that graph I was playing pretty well.

At least I have one friend in this world:

BRAG: It was cheap (like $6 maybe?) and tastes good. Current plan: get drunk, watch some stupid romantic comedy, laugh/cry myself to sleep.

WHAT IT DO BBV