Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2006, 09:34 PM

Default Star Trek: The Next Generation (GAME THREAD)

Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

<font color="white">-----------------------</font>

"Captain's Log, Stardate 44482.3:

<font color="white">-----------------------</font>

Five months have passed since the Borg were defeated at the Battle of Wolf 359. Starfleet Command has been preparing for the day that they would return. That day has come. Two hours ago we received a distress signal from a freighter in deep space. By the time we arrived, the freighter was destroyed, and in its place we found a Borg Cube. We are waiting now to see if it will react to us."

<font color="white">------------------------</font>

Without warning, the Borg Cube opens fire. The defenses of the Enterprise are hopelessly outmatched and its shields fail. The Borg materialize immediately on the ship and begin assimilating the crew.

<font color="white">--------------</font>

A few Borg drones are killed, but they have the advantage of surprise, and prevail easily. The entire crew of the ship has been assimilated, and they now lie unconscious.

When they awaken, things have changed. Most of the crew has vanished. Only 21 people are left. They are all outfitted as Borg drones, but it seems that not all have been properly assimilated.

"What is going on?" Worf shouts. "I am covered in ridiculous Borg technology, but I am still a Klingon!"

The others mutter their agreement.

"It's him," Guinan says. "He's here. Q is here. He's one of us."

There is a blinding flash of light, and Q appears in the midst of it.

<font color="white">---------------------------</font>

"Well now, Captain Picard. Off to save the universe again I see, in your own pathetic way. You were failing, of course, until I intervened. You've been the source of much amusement for me, almost like a pet really, and I would hate to lose you, so I am giving you this chance to save humanity again. In this room there are 5 Borg, 15 Starfleet members, and me. As for the rest of your crew... don't worry, they are quite safe. If you manage to kill the five Borg before they can kill you, you might get to see them all again. Now I've made this challenge absurdly simple, so that even your puny human brains might have a chance to succeed. Good luck, Captain."

With another flash of light, Q vanishes. 21 people are left, all outfitted as Borg drones, unable to tell each other apart.

The challenge is about to begin.

<font color="white">-----------------</font>

It is Night.