Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2006, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Top 10 Movies of the 1990s?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hoop dreams makes these lists because it is filmed over such a long period of time. i think it gets the nod more for its "ground breaking uniqueness" than for the actual story which i found to be really boring/predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not really. Hoop Dreams makes the list because it is a goddamn brilliant film. And personally I thought the story was anything but boring or predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. It was like watching a bunch of interviews conducted by your local ABC news station mashed together. It is interesting because it spans over 5 years. As for the plot not being predicatable. WTF did you expect to happen?

Anyways, this is a documentry, not a film. Its not as though there was a whole lot of creativity involved. I mean they followed and recorded the lives of two teenagers for 5 years, and then cut it together to make a film. I think alot of it was shot on a videocamera. It gave us a good look at the difficulties Negros face in American soceity, but it still bored the living hell out of me. Obviously, given his politics, Ebert is going to eat a movie like this up.