Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2006, 09:51 AM

Default uNL feature: \"See How They Run\"

Have had an idea kicking around my head for a while and thought I'd post a thread about it here and see what the reaction is.

This is kind of inspired by iSTRONGs video tutorial series which helped my game and this is how it works.

Every once in a while - say a couple of weeks or so one of the respected SSNL+ posters makes a vid of a session - preferably with commentary (a la Cardrunners style) and posts it in uNL. But not just any vid - they have to play $25NL.

Once the vid is posted we kick off a good discussion thread about it and hopefully a few good hands will crop up that will help reinforce and explain basics like value betting, using position, making reads and stuff like that, that are the foundations that us uNL players are basically learning so that we can build good foundations to take our games to higher limits.

Hands that wouldn't normally get posted cos they are too basic we can all see in action - and of course we get to laugh at vid maker when he gets sucked out on by some moran who chases his gutshot to the river and hits...

What say you uNL?

and any suggestions for posters you'd like to see playing $25NL for 45 mins or so that have long since moved up?