Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2006, 12:14 AM

Default How can I learn how to handle losing better?

I figure this is the right section to put this. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I have many things wrong with my game but there is one that I don't know how to deal with. And that is handling losing. I understand that poker is alot about variance and streaks but I still have the belief that I finish a day of poker with a net loss then it is because I am a terrible player. This is definitely felt the most in limit play. If I start badly or get sucked out once or twice, I really get hard on myself and believe that the reason why I lose is because I am a stupid player. I seem to say alot when I play online "I deserved to lose" because I do something stupid during the session or tournament and just carry it over.

I guess that is one of the things about poker that is tough. The true definition of a good poker player or a bad poker player. I mean for 3 months I turned $75 deposit to around $500. So I am thinking that maybe I am becoming a good player after about a year of play. Then this month I drop back to $175. So now I think I stink at poker and all that success was just dumb luck.