Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2006, 03:20 PM

Default KQo without position and my first attempt at isolation (two hands)

I haven't posted a hand in a few days so I'm posting 2. Sorry if this is poor etiquette [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hand 1:

Is a coldcall here a bad idea preflop?

I checked the OESD on the flop to see what MP1 did. I called the turn with what I perceived at 6:1 for the OESD (taking two outs away for the flush) and folded the unimproved river.

Too cavalier to enter and too timid not to bet out on the flop?

----

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.05/$0.1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12SB, 6 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6BB, 6 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (11BB, 5 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero folds.

Results:
Final pot: 15BB

-----

Hand 2:

At first glance, my preflop re-raise is truly awful. However, there is method in my madness - or, at least, I'm hoping to find out if there is.

The called and raiser in front of me are noted at the table for their erratic play; they had called very coordinated boards with hands like K6s (not a flush board) and J3o right down to the river. I figure that, this given, they could have any two hands, so I'd re-raise, filter out the good couple of players behind me, and be left with these guys, and thus it proved. While I didn't have a stat read of any real substance on either of them, my observance had paid off, or so I thought. MP2's reraise rattled me slightly but I figured that he had been playing previously like an "in for a penny, in for a pound" kinda guy, so I didn't panic.

Was this whole play a good idea? It was my first real, deliberate attempt at employing this tactic and I wonder if my postflop play was appropriate for it?

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.05/$0.1
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 3 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (13.4SB, 3 players)
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.7BB, 3 players)
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.7BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

Results:
Final pot: 10.7BB

-

Thank you all, as always.