Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2006, 07:13 PM

Default Deep Live Hand Vs. Very Good-looking Man

Hi everyone,

This hand happened in a 3/5 NL game with a $600 max buy in. The game is typically loose and weak, as you'd expect at these limits--probably something akin to .50-1 online, skill-wise, not that deep live games play the same as online games.

I had just moved to the table, and hadn't picked up any cards in the 15 or so hands I'd seen so far, and I'd been quiet. 8 handed, I picked up T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB. 5 limpers to me, I completed, and the BB checked. I started the hand with about $1200.

The flop was 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and I led out for $20. Folded to a MP limper, who called; he was a ridiculous donk who I'd seen limp pf with Q3o, then call a $30 raise back to him. Post-flop, he was loose, fairly passive, and clueless. He had about $700. I put him on any pair or any draw, including 2 overcards Like AQ or KQ.

Some other guys folded, and then the main Villain in this hand called as well. He was a super-loose, pretty aggressive, table captain-type. He was also strikingly handsome; not sure if that has any bearing on the action, though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] He had over $3K. His range was pretty much any 2 cards with some relation to this flop. Everyone else folded.

The turn was the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], giving me a straight and putting two flush draws on board. I led out for $45, the donk called, which I didn't think he'd do with a straight, and then Villain made it $350.

How do you proceed here? Is this an easy laydown, because he's got a T at least, here, and my implied odds are terrible? It seems weak to just fold a straight to a guy who plays every hand. Then there's the donk to think about; I felt that after calling my 2nd bet, his most likely hand was a flush draw, but he could still have something like KQ or J5, believe it or not. Anyway, what's your plan here?