Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2006, 06:19 AM

Default are all magazines useless?

Every once in a while, when I am flying or have a long trip I will get a magazine. Gradually my disdain for magazines has grown. This stems from the realization that all magazines seem to have just genvery basic, general info about whatever topic they are about. I find it pretty weird that a magazine targeting a specific group of people who will for the most part be knowledgeable about the topic will only have really simple obvious advice. Like the poker magazine I found in the cardom today had articles like "5 tips to avoid tilt. #1 take a time out", as well as pathetic interview of unknown "celebreties" who play poker. I don't mean to just hate on the poker magazine, but all magazines on a topic like this (golf, fitness, poker) seem to be filled with complete crap.

The only magazines that were ever really worth the 6 bucks were the video game magazines I used to get, and that was only because they had pictures of video games I would drool over. Do magazines ever have anything useful/interesting?