Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2006, 08:49 PM

Default Sashimi (Raw Meat) Trip Report

Went to a Korean BBQ place called pine tree. Food seemed overprice. $22.95 for a 10oz plate of kalbi? I can get all you can eat for $15.95 in Korea town. I browse the menu and sashimi (raw meat) catches my eye. I've heard about this. I want to try. I order it.

The restaurant is pretty empty for a Saturday afternoon. Perhaps the small ass parking or exorbitant prices have something to do with it. Time passes. How long does it take to prepare my meal? It's raw. You don't have to cook it. Finally it comes and it looks something like ground beef covered with a bare yolk.

After the first few bites I thought it wasn't so bad. I've never tasted cold raw meat seasoned with peanut oil with strands of cold apple on the side. Kinda interesting.

Half way through I hit the wall. "What the hell are you doing?!?", my stomach inquired. "The meat is completely RAW." I struggle onwards.

Two thirds of the way through. My body won't take anymore. But to not finish would be against all things Asian. Wasting food was a mortal sin in my culture. When we go to a buffet we're aiming to have the restaurant lose profit. But I can't go on. Maybe I'll ask for a doggy bag and fry it up at home.

I left the meal unfinished. I don't like raw beef.