Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2006, 02:02 AM

Default Just checking

Hi.

I think I can maybe start playing poker again.

So, I played a little tonight. I'm very rusty. I feel like I've been playing decently, though. I've been playing a lot of hands in late position for raises, playing raise-or-fold in early position, and mixing things up a little in mid position.

I wasn't quite sure what to do on any street here. With 0-1 limpers, I raise this almost all of the time. With two limpers, I raise sometimes, call sometimes and fold never, leaning more towards call than raise. Sound OK?

I haven't seen a lot of check-raising from these guys, but I don't have a super-strong hand, and I don't really know what to do other than give up if I bet the flop and get called, so I check behind. I think I bet this around 60% of the time and check behind around 40% of the time. Sound OK?

On the turn, I figure I'm up against an unpaired ace or a made flush a lot of the time. I was tempted to bet anyway, but it didn't really feel like a big ace, so I thought check-call mode was probably a good idea. I think that's OK, but I'm really not sure. I don't really have a monster since it's multiway and I let the flop get checked through, and I don't want to open things up for a reraise.

On the river, I think I really messed up. I think that I should be betting a lot more, because the hands he'll call with, he'll probably call a lot more. Sound right? Do you think he ever raises me here?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $57.45
CO: $99.95
Hero: $118.45
SB: $64.10
BB: $60.20

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.25, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.25, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $1</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($5.25, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $2.5</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>