Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Cursed?

alright so here's the deal, i used to be a semi-pro player. Lately i've just been playing for fun, but stud used to be my best game, and now i can't win at all. I used to make a decent living playing 2/4-5/10; but lately i haven't been able to beat any game i play, not even play money. Idk, i've really analyzed my game a lot and i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. Honestly it just really seems like my premium pairs are only improving around 1/4 of the time, my sets are getting beat around 45% of the time, and even my five card hands are losing much more often than they should (i'm not gonna sit here and say that all of them are getting beat, but it really seems like there's a much higher frequency that they're getting beat.) I had about five months of experience playing around 3k hands of stud every week and I think i only saw two or three days go as bad as the past 6-8 weeks have gone. Could it be that this is just a really really terrible streak? any ideas what could be wrong and/or what i could do to fix this problem?? (I've already gone over and continue to go over 7CSFAP so please save me that one)