Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2006, 06:09 PM

Default 20/40 live, JJ UTG

Just moved to this table, standard table, nothing special. I have no image. BB has a lot of chips in front of him (maybe 4 racks), middle-aged Asian guy leaning back in his chair. Doesn't look too LAG or anything special.

I'm dealt JJ UTG. Open-raise, folded around to BB who thinks for a somewhat long time (5 sec.?) before deciding to call. I think he has fairly horrible cards, in this game most people call almost any 2 cards in BB to a raise.

Flop is Q-3-2 rainbow. BB leads out. I call, planning to raise pretty much any turn card. I put him on about 25% a Queen, 50% some weak pair (2, 3, maybe 44/55), and about 25% total air.

What do you think of my play? Raise flop because the turn card (AK) may hurt my action? Raise turn to draw in more money or possibly get a weak Q to fold?

Raising the turn allows me to showdown for free and almost guarantees another BB from him. Maybe 75% of the time I have him beat on the flop.