Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Another: U Make The Call - Part Deux

I didn't want to hijack KC50's previous post, but the discussion got me thinking about an interesting ruling that happened to me a few month's back.

I don't remember all the specifics, but after a few raises and re-raises I get it all in post flop (all unders) against one villain. I was the last aggressor. After going in to the tank for like 3 minutes, Villain turns over AA and tosses them toward the muck; I clearly heard him say "call". The dealer, who was obviously very inexperienced and didn't speak English well drags villains aces in to the muck - they were clearly not retrievable. The villain and his neighbors instantly start screaming that he called my all-in. The dealer proceeds to pick all the cards up and fish through them for villains cards. Now I go crazy and call for the floor. I still have not tabled my hand.

The floor rules that the villains hand is still live - which I didn't necessarily agree with but let it go because I thought it was the fair thing to do. The floor then tells the dealer to reshuffle all the cards and deal the turn and river because the remaining cards were placed on top of the muck. Villain objects to no avail. Turn is a blank and I spike my king on the river to make a set and win the pot.

Villain proceeds to ask me to chop the pot. I pretty much laughed and began stacking my chips. The guy went nuts and stormed off.

Do you think the floor made the right ruling(s)? I honestly believed that the villains cards were dead as soon as the dealer washed his cards with the muck rendering them unretrievable. Would I have been awarded the whole pot if this was the ruling?