Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2006, 07:49 PM

Default Commerce 2/4.... some folds

Hey,

Spent some time at Commerce this past week and managed to play 2/4 on multiple occasions. Thought I'd relay some hands and see what you guys thought.

4 handed for the first one. Opponent, for those who know her, is Jade. She basically just plays really good. I raise AhKd UTG and she 3 bets her button, I call HU.

Flop Ac Jc 6h I c/r and 4 bet her 3 bet she calls. Turn 7c I bet she raises I call. River Qc I check fold. Pretty damn sure I got the river right. What about the rest?

Second hand is against Ana. Apparently she wins a lot there, but I think she plays too tight and predictably for this limit. She is stuck and although not tilting hard or anything, is very likely upset at the time. I am also losing at this point in the game and could appear to be a little on edge.

Anyhow, I raise KsQs up front in a 7 or 8 handed game and she 3 bets her SB and I call. Flop is Js 9s 4d and I just call. Turn is the 3d and I raise her bet, she 3 bets me and I call. River is the 3s and I raise her bet again and now she 3 bets again and I fold. How do we like my line of waiting til the turn? I thought it was my best chance of getting AK to fold by playing it that way because I've seen her showdown A high multiple times.