Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2006, 05:11 AM

Default Re: existence of the universe, God, and physics

Correct metric, there's probably a something. But to try to adjudicate any sort of characteristic to "it" is completely ridiculous. You can't get to this something without understading a reality that goes beyond our universe, either because that's where this something is/comes from, or to use this "alternate/wider reality" as a reference of what's different in our reality or our portion of reality.

I hate how it sounds to be calling it "a something that grants physical laws to our universe" because it sounds like I'm trying to describe something with very particular qualities, which as I said are ridiculous to assume or even suggest.

An alternate possibility is that fundamental physical laws have no possible explanation, but are rather the only way in which things can exist (in our reality/any given reality? It doesn't make much difference)... And this is how science adresses the subject. It doesn't matter what, if anything, makes things work the way they do, understanding how they work should be sufficient for practical and theoretical purposes.