Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2006, 10:31 PM

Default Realtime odds calculator

I am a serious newbie to online playing and thought I would check out some odds programs to help learn exactly what my chances are during play. I've checked out Poker Pal Pro, Poker Sidekick, Texas Calculatem and Poker Spy.

Poker Pal Pro has pot odds which seems nice, but it doesn't really show you the percentage of what your opponent could be holding. (least that I can see)

Poker Sidekick seems to have some fair advice for what to play (least for a very tight game) and it shows some serious detail on what hands your opponents have but it is difficult to look at in a pinch.

Texas Calculatem is really nice for a quick glance and it has some recommendations on hand strength but the advice is a bit confusing and doesn't seem as clear cut as Poker Sidekick.

Poker Spy seems to almost be a merge of Texas Caclulatem with a Poker Tracker Lite mix. It has some nice ingame stats with odds shown.

I've run all these programs during play (at the same time) and the odds/percentages do not always agree. I might be comparing apples to oranges though on a few of them.

So does anyone have any recommendations on a product that tracks odds? Why are these programs off a bit in caculation? I would really be interested in hearing some opinions. Thank you.